Saturday, March 21, 2009

Satellaview dojin projects?

The Satellaview seems to still have a cult following in Japan even today. Fan demand for a remake of BS Fire Emblem: Akanea Senki Hen was enough for Intsys to actually have a comment about it - an awesome change from the usual Nintendo practice of pretending they don't know what we're talking about. (Unfortunately serensforest is down. I can't find the link. D: )

But while Intsys is considering such an action, fans are already taking it. Ah, it's always grand to see fans go above and beyond!

First let me start with something I found a while ago - this file right here.
What is it? Seems like a retelling of BS Fire Emblem, done in SRPG Maker 95. There's apparently also a patch for this, while I have been unable to locate. (This only works properly if your Windows is set to run in Japanese OS mode.)
I've played a bit of it, and was kinda irked at how unlike the actual game this is, but I was still shocked, as this was the first of it's kind I noted.

Then a recent NicoNicoDouga upload threw me for a loop.



【再現】ファイアーエムブレム アカネイア戦記1【映像】

I've been trying to look for things besides BSFE stuff as well.
For example, here's a BS Zelda-themed Zelda Classic mod.

Any others? I'd like to know. O:

(EDIT: I've been trying to look up something called "PROJECT GAM" which I've been led to assume is related to BS Tantei Club.
Any info on this would be appreciated.)

2 comments:

pixel said...

Sometimes it's a shame to not know japanese, we can only wonder how many infos / screens about lost games we could find asking form them to nice japanese developers :P Props to Intsys!

Unknown said...

when i bought my house i wanted to listen loud music, costa rica investment opportunities helped me to decide buy a house there, now i am doing parties all the time, i love my speakers.

Articles on the New Satellablog

Check out the latest Pico Palace articles, too!